Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Vent

I am tired of everyone telling me how strong I am and how "if it was my kid I'd be a wreck" or "I'd be crying all day". The truth is, I'm no stronger than anyone else and they would act the same as I have in a similar situation. If your child is sick, you can't fall to pieces - you have to go on with life and be as normal as you can be - for your child. I don't feel strong either. I cry, I worry - hell, my jaw is KILLING me because I've had a clenched jaw for 5 days. I want to talk about it to everyone but, at the same time - what is there to even talk about? We don't know anything yet and, no matter what, he's still having surgery. This could still be a whole-lot-a nothing and I'll be thanking the stars when those lumps are GONE!

1 comment:

Miki said...

You really are strong though. You stay strong for your child, you say because you have to, but don't think for one minute that everyone would be able to cope as well as you seem to. You've been through a lot more than most of us with regard to our children. You are strong enough to turn misfortune into giving. You will be the rock your son needs to get him through this. Good luck to you and Phoenix during his surgery!

Lurker from the Oct. 05 board