Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nearly there...

Phoenix is all registered at the hospital. They called yesterday for all the insurance stuff and today for medical history. The nurse today was super nice. She asked why Phoenix wasn't having a needle biopsy and, when I told her our doctor told us that Hodgkin's doesn't show up on a needle biopsy I got one of those, "Oh... oooooh, oh" And, incase you can't read my mind - thats a regular oh, like I heard you, then an oooooh like oh my, now I understand and then an oh like, aw, that's sad. We talked about the foods he can eat after and a little of what to expect. Tomorrow I just have to call and find out our surgery time. 
Today I also spoke with a woman online who's daughter is a cancer surviver. She told me, the worst her daughter ever looked was after her first biopsy - her eyes were puffy and red from the tape they use to keep them closed, her face was all swollen from fluids, etc. It was really good to hear that because I had no idea and I probably would have freaked if I saw him like that. She also told us that the biopsy results could take a week to get back. 
It still could be a swollen lymph node...

No comments: