Friday, May 16, 2008

Battle Wounds

I cleaned Phoenix's wound today. There was purple marker all over him so I got al that off. The incision is nearly 2 inches and he has 7 stitches. It looks perfect though and I don't think it'll scar badly. 
He hates his pain meds. He says they are "too yucky." So we are mixing them in with food and juice. You can tell he's in pain when he's not on them. 
It is really hot here and it would have been perfect swimming/sprinkler weather but we can't risk getting his neck wet. Instead, we filled up a baby pool with a few inches of water and he got to play with his sister in it. After a day in the sun and playing, he was tired and totally worn out. He took about 4 hour nap and is in a pretty miserable mood now. Poor kid.

Heather, Ryan & Sage - Thank you so much for thinking of us. Phoenix was so thrilled to get mail!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD GRIEF LIZ!
I had no idea you all were going through all of this!
I am sending (((HUGS))) and prayers!
I will be waiting for an update.

I'm so sorry that your family is dealing with this!
Sherry (Mosby from SHARE)

.:Heather:. said...

I'm glad it came! Sagie picked out a Koala for him....not sure why but she thought it would be perfect for him. :) His wound looks good-I don't think it'll scar either...anyway, Sage says that 'chicks dig scars' so he's good. :)