Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The time has come...

We have to be at the hospital by 7AM tomorrow. Surgery is at 8AM. I've spent the day getting things ready for Phoenix. There is a special bed in Ethan and my room for him and I made two kinds of Jell-O and fresh, homemade apple juice. We went out to a nice dinner tonight. Just preparing and talking. We know that this could all be nothing but we also know that tomorrow could be the beginning of a very rocky road. I made a check list of all the things we need to bring and we are ready to go. I had ordered some hospital clothes from Build-A-Bear but they aren't hear yet, they'll probably be here tomorrow. I was hoping Bunny and Teddy could go into surgery wearing their scrubs. Ethan is writing in his personal journal tonight - a very rare occasion. I'll update tomorrow night. I have this hope that, after the surgery, the doctor will come out and say, "When we went to do a biopsy we saw that the lymph node looked completely normal" or "It's definitely a cyst, no worries" - and I really hope they are able to take all the lumps out. Wish us luck. 

2 comments:

.:Heather:. said...

Liz, you guys were on my heart all night last night. I prayed for you, Phoenix, Ethan, the surgeons...anyone I could think of who is involved. (((HUGS))) I'm here for you!

Kerri said...

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way! Good luck Phoenix the great!!!